My Blog List

Sunday 8 April 2012

Marcus' Rilakkuma Cake.



My final product- Marcus' 100th Day Celebration Cake.


My best friend Jackie just became a mum over 3 months ago.  To commemoratethe new addition to her family, Jackie and her hubby held a 100thDay celebration for their gorgeous son- Marcus!
I knew that Jackie was going to have a big party for Marcus 2 months inadvance so I have been planning to make an absolute special cake to mark this occasion!  Jackie’s favourite character is this Japanesebear called Rilakkuma and since Marcus is far too young to have his own choiceof theme, we just have to go with what the mum wants! Haha!! 
 



This is Jackie's favourite Rilakkuma Bear- the brown one.  The white bear and the chicken are  Rilakkuma's friends.




I had plenty of time to plan and make Rilakkuma and his friends out ofsugar. I am a bit of a perfectionist so I took ages to make these, because Iwanted to make sure that they resemble the real characters! 

Rilakkuma- the main guy.



The Rilakumma party with Marcus in the middle.



One day when I went shopping with Jackie, she told me thatshe wraps Marcus up in a sleeping bag when he goes to sleep like a pea in apod.  This helps Marcus to sleep through the night.  This boy is anyparents' dream baby because he has 12 hour sleeps every night- from 10pm to 10am!!!

So I got my inspiration from this conversation and I havedecided to make a sugar Marcus in a pod~~


 
This is a picture of Marcus~~ Isn't he cute???  The pea baby on the right is my interpretation of Marcus with a smile. <3 <3 <3


Now I am just going to show you the making of the cake!!

The sugar figurines are ready to go on the cake once it is done!

3 tired cake with dark chocolate ganache fillings.

The cake covered in icing.

This is the largest fondant and thinnest fondant I ever rolled out!

The Cake was successfully covered with the fondant!! Yeah~~

Making the letters.

Assembling the cake with the decorations.

Yeah~~ Thank God! The cake is done!!





On the day of the Party~~
 31st of March, 2012; Sunny.


The cake was carefully transported to the Blaxland Riverside Park where the party was held.



Jackie is a supermum~ Multi- tasker and managed to prepare everything on the table!! The menu was very impressive!!
 


A beautiful sunny day for a wonderful occasion~~

Marcus holding a knife?!

Yeah~~~ Marcus is ready to cut the cake!!





This is Jackie- the supermum and my best friend!
Sorry, I am a show-off!! Here is the cake again!!

My wonderful husband, who has been the biggest spiritual supporter for my works!!
Digging into the cake!


Happy 100th Day Marcus~~  Aunty Julie wishes you all the happiness, good health and guiding angels protecting you all the days of your life~~ 

Marcus at ~100th Day.

To all my blog readers:
Thank you for your supports! 
Happy Easter and hope you all have a safe and happy holidays!!


God Bless, 
Julie












1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO CUUUUUUTE!!! I MEAN IT! :D:D you're a great artist Julie!!!!

    ReplyDelete